ADVERTISEMENT

Part of our program

Ragarm

Hall of Famer
May 29, 2001
in our passing game is that we have a plethora of very talented WRs and most of them seem, to me, to have one of two problems or both of them. #1 is they have trouble with making their catches when contested. #2 is they play with their talent but not their head.
What I mean in #1 is that they try to make catches to often in that situation with their arms. Arm catching is harder than catching with ones hands because, if a ball gets to the pads they rebound quickly and It is easier for DBs to break those up simply by the tackle. Hits to shoulders or arms at the time of contest makes one side move and with one long arm moving it is almost like trying to catch those with just one arm.
With problem #2 I'm talking about attitude. It's mine and I'm going to get it. That also can lead to aggression. They need some attitude and aggression in how they play. Aggression simply is the attitude applied to the way one plays. Football is all about aggression, so, USE IT!
I mention this because we do have a talented WR room, but they do not make the contested catch well. I noticed that South Dakota and MTS receivers made those contested catches much better than our guys do. It is not as much talent as it is attitude.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News