ADVERTISEMENT

PINKEL ON BECKNER (and a little more from me)

PTScantlebury

PowerMizzou.com Associate Editor
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2008
Kansas City
On today's SEC teleconference, Pinkel was asked about the qualification of Terry Beckner Jr. To paraphrase, Pinkel said every school has 5-6 incoming players who have work left to do, and Beckner is one of them. He said the team should know more in the next month.

I thought this would be a good time to pass along what I've been hearing. A good source told me that, while it's not for sure yet, Beckner may have to re-take the ACT in June. It depends on his final grades at ESL, from what the source said, so that's why they're is still some uncertainty on whether he will have to re-take it. The source said that Beckner's situation is not nearly as dire as some of the other recent recruits who had eligibility issues and eventually qualified.

This is based on a conversation I had about a week ago. Things since seem to have been more positive, too, as another source said the staff feels better about his chances now than they did a few weeks ago. But, if Beckner has to re-take the ACT, he would be able to enroll at Missouri for the second summer semester (which begins early July, I believe) and still give him time to adapt for his freshman year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News