ADVERTISEMENT

Softball hires hitting coach

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
COLUMBIA, Mo. – Mizzou Softball head coach Larissa Anderson added to her new staff Thursday, as Chris Malveaux will serve as an assistant coach for the Tigers. Malveaux joins Sara Michalowski on the new revamped Mizzou coaching staff, as she was announced as an assistant coach on June 18.

“I’m extremely honored and appreciative to Coach Anderson and Mizzou Director of Athletics Jim Sterk for this tremendous opportunity,” Malveaux said. “I’m so excited to join the Mizzou Softball program and to build onto the tradition that already exists. I’m honored to work for Larissa, who’s done some great things already at a very high level. I have a lot of respect for who she is and what she stands for. I can’t wait to get on the field and go to battle with this fantastic group!”

“Chris is one of the most respected hitting coaches in the country and I’m beyond thrilled to have him join our staff at Mizzou,” Coach Anderson said. “Not only does he bring a tremendous amount of knowledge, experience in coaching and player development, but he also has key recruiting ties and relationships across the country.”

Malveaux recently spent the 2018 season at the University of Kansas as the program’s video coordinator. He brings a combined 17 years of experience as an assistant and head coach at the NCAA Division I level.

Widely regarded as one of the top hitting instructors in the country, Malveaux oversaw all video capturing and analysis with the Jayhawks last year. Prior to his tenure with Kansas, Malveaux served as the associate head coach at Louisiana from 2016-17. It marked his second stint with the Ragin’ Cajuns, as he was also an assistant coach from 2009-11.

The 2010 Louisiana staff was selected as the NFCA South Region Coaching Staff of the Year after compiling a 45-18 record, NCAA Super Regional appearance and No. 16 national ranking. In his five combined seasons at Louisiana, Malveaux was a member of five Sun Belt Conference and Tournament Championships, five NCAA Regionals and two NCAA Super Regional bids.

Malveaux also served as an assistant coach at Bradley from 2012-15, head coach at McNeese State from 2005-08 and an assistant coach at McNeese from 2002-04. In 2014, he helped guide Bradley to its second all-time Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Championship. As a member of the Braves’ coaching staff, the team tallied nine All-MVC accolades and three NFCA All-Mideast Region award winners.

In his first season at the helm of McNeese State, Malveaux led the Cowgirls to the 2005 Southland Conference Tournament Championship and an NCAA Regional appearance. It stands as only one of five all-time SLC Tournament titles and NCAA Tournament appearances in the 29-year history of McNeese State Softball. Over seven combined years as an assistant and head coach at McNeese, Malveaux oversaw 34 All-Southland Conference recipients.

Malveaux is a Houston, Texas, native and a 2001 graduate from Texas A&M University. In 2014 he married former Bradley Softball standout Katie Singler.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News