ADVERTISEMENT

some good and bad

Mizzoufan89

Letterman
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2004
Our big men are a problem. Yeah, yeah, everyone is singing the praises of Jontay after he made some plays, but I will say the same thing I said after everyone started saying Tilmon was one and done: These games against the mid majors (D2) are feasting time for the big men. It's easy to look good against slower, shorter big men. I'm really happy to have Jontay, but he's NOT the answer as a 5 in conference play. This year. Next year, a different story, but if he is anything but a role player, we are in trouble.

Tilmon needs to do two things: block shots and rebound. He should never be allowed to have his arms below his shoulders. Not only does he foul, but he already has the reputation as a fouler and he is going to have an uphill climb all year long. The refs do their research, and every 50/50 will go against him.

I am thrilled with Nikko. I've always thought he would be a really good four year player. We are going to need him to spell Tilmon along the way.

Guard play: not good, but it will get better. Robertson will figure it out.

Puryear is going to have a good year. I think Barnett will come around as well. It took him half a season last year to really get started, but he's got the skills. I'm guessing he's having a hard time with Cuonzo's D requirements, but I am hopeful he will start to post some numbers.

This team is much, much better than last year. If we don't see MPJ, there is still hope for a decent season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News