ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL TAKEAWAYS FROM TUESDAY PRACTICE

JHamilton23

All-American
Staff
Jun 18, 2022
A few observations I noticed today on this nice Tuesday (it really felt good outside).

1. Roberts gets second-team reps

Jamal Roberts was the second-string goal-line back for one of the plays inside the five-yard line. It could be nothing. It could be something. I just know he's the biggest back on the roster so maybe that's a role he can carve out in the future.

Also, during some "Mayday drill" (which seems like complete plays quickly to get in FG range) he was also on the second team for that. (More on what other changes I saw during this drill).

I did see Peat get second-team reps for plenty of drills, though. So, I don't think this means everything.

2. OL vs DL drill

Another drill where it was center, right guard, and right tackle versus EDGE and DT.

I'm pretty sure on the other side of the hash marks they were doing center, left guard, and left tackle versus EDGE and defensive tackle but honestly, I couldn't see over there well. I just know OL was doing the same drill.

Armand Membou had a good rep versus Darius Robinson. But it was more of a "he held his own" type of thing.

Cam'Ron Johnson was lined up at right guard again.

Tristan Wilson had a good pancake on Sam Williams. Williams is a true freshman so it's not that big of a deal. It was just the best-looking rep of the drill that's why I'm putting it here.

Mitch Walters had a good rep versus Ky Montgomery.

Marcellus Johnson had a good rep versus Realus George. Marcellus was actually at right guard for this rep with Bence Polgar at center and Mitch Walters at right tackle. Marcellus had another rep in this drill with him and Polgar at the same spots and Walters being swapped for Membou at right tackle.

3. Mayday drill

*I'd like to point out this drill was very fast and didn't last long. The first team did it and then the second team but I feel like there were some people I didn't see out there who you'd think would get a chance. Like, I didn't see Max Whisner get a first or second-team rep and he seems to be a good candidate to be the starting tight end based on what I've heard about him. I also could've missed him because there were players on the sideline like a real game for this drill and were obstructing some of the views for media.

Nothing really noteworthy about this play-wise but here are some lineup changes I saw.

First team:

OL: LT Javon Foster, LG Xavier Delgado, C Connor Tollison, RG Cam'Ron Johnson, RT Armand Membou

Tight end Brett Norfleet got some work.

Luke Bauer was the first team holder while Brady Cook came in as the second team holder.

LB Dameon Wilson got work in place of Chad Bailey who I don't remember seeing at all. He could've been there but I don't remember seeing the LBs too much before or after this drill, to be honest. All I know is Wilson was next to Hopper on the field for this particular drill.

Second-team:
OL: LT MaKyi Lee, LG Tristan Wilson, C Bence Polgar, RG Marcellus, RT Walters

Tight end Jordon Harris was out there.

I heard Eli Drinkwitz tells Marquis Gracial "great practice" after that drill. So, do what you will with that info.

Remember, I see 45 minutes of a likely 2+ hour practice.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News