ADVERTISEMENT

today's scrimmage

lawgeek

Retired Number
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2010
Defense is (predictably) ahead of the offense. Defense won the day.

I was behind the offense all afternoon, but the defense seemed very aggressive. This is a fast defense. Young. But fast. Returning the top two tacklers in the SEC has its benefits.

Harold Brantley and Josh Augusta are a wicked combination. Charles Harris looked great. Marcus Loud has a knee sprain, but it's clear he's added some moves. He and Charles got to the QBs regularly.

So I primarily focused on the offense.

Lots of balls thrown to the tight ends. Sean Culkin, Jason Reese and Kendall Blanton were targeted by all of the QBs, early and often. The young wide receivers looked like young wide receivers. The youngsters are thinking rather than just playing. But I see the upside in this group. I'm interested to see how they develop over the spring.

Contrary to popular belief, Maty has not starved himself into an anorexic Abercrombie model. He looks leaner and more athletic. He seems quicker too. He was spinning the ball pretty well. Made good throws. Never threw a jump ball. He's working on ball placement. Eddie took some reps with the ones. He looked excellent. Still throws a gorgeous ball. And he got out of the pocket and ran some.

The OL battles were fun to watch. The ones fared pretty well all day. The ones on the DL made their plays, but that's a salty group. The twos had a decent day as well.

A guy I was most impressed with today was Alec Abeln. He's #2 at center and he had Harold and/or Josh lined up over him most of her afternoon. Perfect snap after perfect snap. The rest of the twos
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News