ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Who to root for this weekend

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
with conference games really getting going and every week more and more impacting playoff positioning, I'm going to try to put together a Mizzou fan's rooting guide every week. The way you root for teams has to adjust with the playoff in play. It's not as simple as "I hate this team more than that one" anymore. You need to be rooting for what's best for your team. I'm only including reasonable results (for example, Marshall isn't beating Ohio State and LSU isn't losing to UCLA). So here's your guide this week:

NC State over Clemson. Another Clemson loss eliminates any possibility of an at large bid for them.

Michigan over USC. USC is an at large threat. Michigan probably isn't.

Miami (OH) to push Notre Dame. ND probably isn't losing again to a MAC school. But they have no margin for error. Every dent in the armor helps.

Georgia Tech over Louisville. Louisville is in the mix as the second best ACC team. Go ahead and get them a couple losses.

Utah vs Oklahoma State either way. Both are 3-0. One will lose. These two and K-State are the only Big 12 teams with any real playoff hope. You only want one of them to get in.

Kansas State vs BYU either way. See above. But realistically, probably root for BYU because they have less of a chance to win the Big 12 IMO.

Oklahoma over Tennessee. I know many of you are thinking "I will not root for them." You should.

Texas A&M over Bowling Green big. You need to start rooting for your opponents. Mizzou needs someone besides Alabama to win 8 or 9 games

Boston College over Michigan State. See above.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.