ADVERTISEMENT

What Do Helmets Say About Their Teams?

I posted this in a thread about our uni's. Another poster suggested it should be shared. Feel free to add your thoughts on these or other teams.. 😂

I’ll analyze a few teams' helmets and what they're communicating, from a branding perspective:

Alabama_numbers_1024x1024.jpg

We’re Bama. We’re better than you. We’ve won a lot of sh!t. We’re loaded with 5* talent and if one goes down, we’ll just pop in another. It doesn’t matter who we put in, it's all good. We’re still gonna beat the sh’t out of you because we've got the numbers. Roll Tide.

aHR0cHM6Ly91bmQuY29tL3dwLWNvbnRlbnQvdXBsb2Fkcy8yMDExLzEwLzU3NDA3MDQuanBlZw.jpg

We’re Notre Dame. We're Catholic. We’ve been given so much money that we took 24K gold off the top of our administration building and put it on our helmets, and then we put more gold on the top of the building. We're rich as hell. Also, if you don't root for us.. you're going to hell.

3b8545a69309c5a7db602df9f63754a1.jpg

We're Army. We change our helmet every game because.. wtf are you going to do about it? Besides, we get hundreds of billions of dollars every year to spend and you can only buy so many tanks. You may or may not beat us on the field. But let's be honest, we'll beat your ass like a drum in a real fight. We put army stuff on our helmet to remind you of that.

NebraskaCornhuskersRiddellSpeedAuthenticWhiteHelmet01_1200x1200.jpg

We're Nebraska.. aka Nuhbraska.. aka Nowledge University. We used to be like, really, really good. You wouldn't believe how good. We're located in the middle of Nowhere. We're Never gonna be good again. But we're Not gonna stop pretending that we will be, even though Nobody takes us seriously any more.

2013-14-missouri-vs-ok-state-cotton-bowl-b-glossy.png

We're Missouri. We didn't win a lot for quite awhile. But then we tasted some success. And we liked it. We liked it a lot. We're hungry. We're gonna keep trying different coaches and different helmets and just a bunch of different sh!t until we get to where we want. We're gonna keep coming at you.. because we're chippy as hell. MIZ…

Expensive side pieces and current events

Celtics head coach Ime Udoka is engaged to Nia Long and has at least one child with her. Oops.

NiaLongmain.jpg

2013-04-05-NiaLong219_final.jpg

nia-long-1193150079.jpg

Nia%20Long%20Ime%20Udoka_1.JPG

Lose the best job in the NBA and Nia Long in the same in-and-out and this had better been the Celtic's hottest dance squad member.

Biden tells Fundraiser Crowd Armageddon is at hand

The media is making a big deal out of Joey’s off the cuff comment to Dems he wanted to impress and get their money. So Mr. Braggy Pants links his current situation to that of President Kennedy staring down Khrushchev in the Cuban missile crisis.

So though you always worry about any animal that is cornered, most statesmen don’t run to a meeting of fundraisers and set hair on fire talking about Armageddon.

My take 1)Hey it’s Joe Biden, the guy that slayed corn pop, was arrested demonstrating Civil rights in the South and in South Africa, was top of his class in law school, gave Golda Meir advice to win the war with the Arabs…except he did none of that. He was just bragging and liked idea of linking himself with President Kennedy.
2). They have talked about this and think it would be politically advantageous to try to scare the public into thinking Russia is about to attack and it will cause voter movement to rally around the strong leader in the Oval Office.

I go with number 1 .

Reactions: Mizzou Mule

Survivor Pool 2022: Week 6

After 6 weeks we are left with a top 6. Congrats and good luck!

@geebert
@K9blackson
@OneMizzou
@mizzoucobra
@seneca7
@tigrman4

Eliminated:
@aarpfreeride
@dfoshage
@eyeofthetiger24
@fmb68
@limernick
@mav
@MIZDSP
@MizzouFanKC
@MizzPocalpyse
@Mojo2222
@sharkman2
@thirty3rdknight
@TigerInCincy
@TigerinKansas
@tsmbt

Rules:
1. No edits or picks accepted after Thursday October 6th at 6 PM. A late pick or edit past the deadline and you will be eliminated. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. Have to pick against the spread (ATS).
3. This will be top 25 games only. Meaning it has to feature a game with a top 25 team, but you may pick either team ATS.
4. I will post the lines you must pick against. If the line changes, it does not matter. You are picking against the lines I post and they will not change once posted (unless I make an obvious error of course. In which case, I will tag you as soon as possible letting you know the line has changed)
5. A push = survive.
6. Feel free to ride the same team all year. No restrictions on how many times you may choose a team.
7. Every week I'll post the survivors and who got eliminated.

Tiebreaker Rules
1. If all remaining survivors make a bad pick, the person with the closest pick wins.
2. If 2 or more people share the closest pick, those people will move on as survivors.

Lines:
Texas A&M at #1 Alabama (-24.5)
Auburn at #2 Georgia (-29.5)
#3 Ohio State (-25.5) at Michigan State
#4 Michigan (-21.5)at Indiana
#5 Clemson (-20) at Boston College
Washington State at #6 USC (-11.5)
Texas Tech at #7 Oklahoma St (-10)
#8 Tennessee (-3.5) at #25 LSU
#9 Ole Miss (-19) at Vanderbilt
#11 Utah (-3.5) at #18 UCLA
#12 Oregon (-12.5) at Arizona
South Carolina at #13 Kentucky (-10.5)
Florida State at #14 NC State (-3)
Army at #15 Wake Forest (-15.5)
#16 BYU at Notre Dame (-3)
#17 TCU (-6)at #19 Kansas
#20 Kansas State (-2) at Iowa State
#21 Washington (-13) at Arizona State
Arkansas at #23 Mississippi St (-5.5)
South Florida at #24 Cincinnati (-27.5)

Reason the Red Tsunami is still approaching

Away from the Dem faltering cries about “abortion “ “democracy” as though either has been or will be taken away by the federal government , Ronald Reagan’s line will likely control the last month of this midterm decision.

Are you better off today than when Biden and democrats took over all of government ? The overwhelming response will be “hell no” as the levers are pulled on inflation, gas prices, housing costs, crime, education and immigration.

A few gop candidates will get lost in the Dems diversion but far more dems will bite the dust claiming abortion and 1/6 are all that matters. It’s possible a Republican will be elected governor in Oregon. A Republican is running well though doubt she wins in Washington. Those Dems with middle single digit leads now will likely be swept away when the tsunami hits the beach in November.

Reactions: Mizzou Mule

Who is your Peloton?

Who is your favorite Peloton Coach?

Who do you think is the most attractive?

If I want a good workout, Alex Toissant

If I want a good playlist

Kendall Toole

The best looking one IMO is Ally Love

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Heading to Illinois

Login to view embedded media
To watch Missouri commit Nicholas DeLoach tonight. Cahokia is playing at Mt. Vernon, Illinois this evening. While he's listed as a WR, Mizzou likes him in the secondary at the next level. DeLoach has been putting up really good numbers as both a WR and on defense so far this season. Looking forward to seeing him in action tonight.

Warning signs for Az and Nevada Dems,

The races are closing. After bitter primary and little money spent by Republicans on Masters, CNNs new poll gives cause for concern for Dems.

The enthusiasm of the gop is much higher than that of Dems. The race is closing. Biden is at 39% in Az. GOP ads are just starting while Dems have been shooting all summer. Gas is up about 65 cents a gallon in last couple weeks.

I think you can call Nevada for Laxalt now. By Election Day I predict it will be dead even in polling in Az and will go to Masters.

FOOTBALL Some bulletin board material from The Athletic

Napier on Hopper:

“He’s got good height and length to him, and he can run,” Napier said after Wednesday evening’s practice, “He’s good in coverage and he’s a great blitzer. He’ll be a fantastic special teams player at the next level. He’s a really good football player.”

From CB Jaydon Hill (just returned from an ACL tear:

Hill watched from Gainesville last November when Mizzou beat Florida 24-23 on a two-pointer in overtime.

“It was hard to see Missouri beat us because they’re just not supposed to, you know? I’m looking forward to heading up this weekend and taking care of business and dominating like we’re supposed to,” he said.”

Right wing dating app going about as expected

In a more mild complaint, one user asserts that “all the women on here have been replaced with doughy middle-aged white guys.” A problem the company seemed to want to get ahead of in its advertising, by highlighting a 100% very real and authentic “group of conservative young women.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT