Tristan Wilson
Curtis Peagler
Gavin McKay
Max Whisner
Ian Matthews
Marquis Gracial
Jalen Marshall

Drink's Future

If Mizzou keeps playing hard & ends up winning a minimum of 5/6 games I think Drink's job is safe for one more year. If they stop playing hard for him or there is a massive run to the Transfer portal, I think Drink gets 1 more year. His game management & play calling is weak BUT if he gets a top notch QB things could change fast. Hopefully Burden & the other game changers the Tigers have @ WR will give Drink 1 more year to put it all together on the field. He must improve the Offensive Line & find a bona-fide passing QB. Looks like therez talent on the team but need a difference maker @ QB & he just doesn't have it now to cover up all of his in game coaching mistakes...
Reactions: willgmo

Georgia

Aside from survival what should be the goals for next weeks game? Will the team be ready?
We don’t stack up on any level against Georgia.
My suspicion would be the Defense is going to spend most of the first quarter on the field…
How does Drink scheme an offense with a shaky line and C level QB’s, to give them a chance… to make a first down… much less score.

Abraham vs Cook

Yesterday was first time I got to see both throwing live.

Cook throws such a slow/lazy ball no wonder it is hardly ever on target. Abraham throws a must harder spiraled ball. I know he threw 2 picks in 3 throws after no game for year and a half But dang you dont throw for 3000+ yards in seasons in any conference and not know how to hit receivers.

FOOTBALL Drink and the program

Just wanted to post my personal thoughts. I see there's a lot of overreactions, calling for Drink's job etc.

I'm not going to pretend like today didn't happen or that it's excusable. It really isn't. There's no shame in losing to K state but the way in which they lost was embarrassing and unacceptable.

That said, it ain't rock bottom. People aren't going to wanna hear it but as drink said today one game does not define the season. Mizzou looked awful and I understand why people have pause. However, we thought the team was done fore last year against Tennessee when they got 50-balled at home. They ended up rallying to make it a .500 season and be bowl eligible. It's early in the season and it's hard to imagine Mizzou will play as bad as they did today all season long. I still think there's going to be games on the schedule Mizzou should win that they'll lose and vice versa.

I will agree with everyone that is coming after Drink for his play calling, though. It was horrendous. The past couple years he could brush it off by saying he doesn't have the personnel (still sorta true) but today I thought he showed a total lack of awareness and was calling plays that actively went against the team's strengths. Our OL got pushed around and Drink was depending on the run game way too much despite the fact K state was selling out to stop the run. Everyone could see it but Drink apparently. He needs to learn to open up the playbook and go north and south instead of east and west. He's even admitted this we're just yet to see it. He's a young coach and still learning as he goes.

Drink is still the man for this program. Again, people aren't going to want to hear it, they want to start seeing results. However, Drink still needs time to get his recruits on the field and time to actually instill a culture. He's trying to do that now and it will come with lumps. Barry Odom had 4 years here and drink is almost certainly going to get the same barring disaster. If you fire him before that you're going to have a hard time selling the job to someone after you fired two coaches in a row for basically going .500 in the SEC after 4 years. Sorry guys, but Mizzou is not turning into a powerhouse overnight. This would've been true for any coach Mizzou hired.

It's especially frustrating when schools like Tennessee and Arkansas hired new coaches around the same time and they seem to be rolling now, but the talent cupboard was not as bare at those places as it was here. That excuse won't last forever I know, and drink has had the transfer portal to use. Yet, he couldn't get a QB even though he tried for one and now everyone can see why. That is the position that dictates wins and losses the most and Missouri might be the worst there. I won't argue with people that say Drink should have the QB position figured out in year 3 but Connor bazelak turning into a pumpkin kind of threw a monkey wrench into things.

All in all, I get why fans are upset but give it time. Some of y'all act like you've never been Mizzou fans before.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT