ADVERTISEMENT

Was Lincoln a "Colonizer"?

The fighting @Sevro au Barca attacked a statue over their lunch break yesterday....

I thought the English, Spanish, Portuguese, etc were the colonizers....

FOOTBALL RECRUITING ***NICHOLAS DELOACH PREPARING FOR NEXT CHAPTER AT MIZZOU***

More on Mizzou defensive back commit Nicholas DeLoach - his thoughts on his senior season and Missouri

Interesting Defensive Stat..

Mizzou is ranked #1 in the SEC in Pass Defense for games versus P5 opponents.

Through 4 games, we’ve allowed:

153.5 passing yards per game (#1)
6.3 ypa (#3 behind Bama, Georgia)
1 passing TD total, along with 1 pick
(#2 behind Auburn.. 0 TD, 1 pick).

Been awhile since we’ve had a defense this good overall, but especially a good passing defense. Really says a lot about our entire defense, but our DB’s in particular I think. We’ve been about average in Sacks. I couldn’t find a ranking for QB hurries, so maybe a good part of that credit should also be going to our DL also.

FOOTBALL RECRUITING 2021 Class

I just went back and looked at the recruits from the 2021 class. In my opinion, that should be Drink's foundational group. Only 7 players are getting some meaningful minutes thus far. Some of you would criticize Coach and say that's a mark against him for the evaluation process. However, we have to remember there was no in person evaluations for that class, so it was more or less throwing darts against the wall or recruiting based off recruiting sites. I think he gets some slack in that regard as well.

Survivor Pool 2022: Week 7

Week 7 brings us to a final 4 as two were eliminated. Good luck

Survivors:
@mizzoucobra
@K9blackson
@seneca7
@tigrman4

Eliminated:
@geebert
@OneMizzou

Rules:
1. No edits or picks accepted after Thursday October 13th at 6 PM. A late pick or edit past the deadline and you will be eliminated. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. Have to pick against the spread (ATS).
3. This will be top 25 games only. Meaning it has to feature a game with a top 25 team, but you may pick either team ATS.
4. I will post the lines you must pick against. If the line changes, it does not matter. You are picking against the lines I post and they will not change once posted (unless I make an obvious error of course. In which case, I will tag you as soon as possible letting you know the line has changed)
5. A push = survive.
6. Feel free to ride the same team all year. No restrictions on how many times you may choose a team.
7. Every week I'll post the survivors and who got eliminated.

Tiebreaker Rules
1. If all remaining survivors make a bad pick, the person with the closest pick wins.
2. If 2 or more people share the closest pick, those people will move on as survivors.

Lines:
#10 Penn State at #5 Michigan (-7.5)
Auburn at #9 Ole Miss (-15.5)
#19 Kansas at Oklahoma (-7)
Iowa State at #22 Texas (-14.5)
Minnesota (-3.5) at #24 Illinois
Vanderbilt at #1 Georgia (-39)
#3 Alabama (-7) at #6 Tennessee
#8 Oklahoma State at #13 TCU (-3.5)
#15 NC State at #18 Syracuse (-4.5)
#25 James Madison (-10.5) at Georgia Southern
#4 Clemson (-4) at Florida state
#16 Mississippi state (-6.5) at #22 Kentucky
#7 USC at #20 Utah (-3)
Reactions: MUValjean

A Little voting help

If you all have a chance, I’d appreciate our Mizzou family voting for AJ Raines in the poll below as one of the nations top QBs.
Gabe, I apologize if this is not appropriate for this forum. He’s a terrific kid and I’ve mentioned before I’ve coached him since he was kid. Without question the most dynamic QB in the St Louis area and a blast to watch play the game. Most passing and rushing yards in the area until he got a little banged up.
thank you.

Cook apologist here

Cook played a great game, in my opinion. The first pick wasn't on him. The OLB literally pushed Luther while he was running his route and the ball was in the air. It didn’t happen at the line of scrimmage, so there wasn’t an issue with him losing at the line. Should've definitely been pass interference.

2nd interception, we're blaming that on Cook I guess. Can anybody tell me what type of route Dove was running? If I had to guess, I'd say a dig route. Man coverage, Dove has to cross the defenders face. And that's not a throw that you can make after he comes out of his break. It's a throw you make anticipating your WR will win the battle.

I guess you guys are just going to ignore how well Cook played all game, especially how clutch he was on 3rd downs. Over 70% completion percentage without his top 3 targets. But go ahead and keep on bashing him, all the while he's definitely getting better.

• Poll
Are you willing to give 5 years to the Drink experience to confirm results?

If we see another 4 to 6 win seasons in 2023, are you willing to give 5 years to see results?

• Hell Yeah

• No Way

• Let Dennis Cook

Results are only viewable after voting.

The recruiting, on paper, has been phenomenal, the defense is a quick turnaround from 2021, and they won 5 games against an all SEC schedule in 2020, but...
  1. they have zero proven QBs on the roster
  2. TE and OL groups are a mess
  3. OL has a ton of scholarship players, not much room to add without subtraction
  4. a lot of the defense has option to graduate after this year
Knowing all that, if we see another 4 to 6 win season in 2023 are you willing to give 5 years to see results?

NASDAQ hits 2 yr low

Seems like yesterday that Dementia Joe was bragging about the new highs in the stock market. Oops.

We are in a nasty bear market. Peoples" retirement accounts are way under water now. His energy policy is partially responsible and gas prices are again going up showing his idiocy in his war on fossil fuel.

So what do dems run on? Abortion and 1/6?

Both houses going gop in a tour.

Meanwhile democrat leaders swill wine on Paris balcony.

ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT